Tuesday, July 7, 2009

We are Back!!

Well, we are back. I am always sad to leave my family and Texas, but we were ready to get home to our own beds and Kevin of course. We had a wonderful time and I actually did some relaxing and got a little bit of sun.

Texas is so great for a number of reasons, but one of my favorite parts about "hill country" is the river access. My Mom and Jim live in Kerrville and the Guadalupe runs right through town. You drive your car, unload the cooler and some towels and walk right into the warm river. Dad and Patty live in Llano and it is the same thing there. Easy access. So, any day that we didn't have plans, we just put on our suits and went to the river. Two days we spent on a boat and jet skis on Lake LBJ. Nice.

Sallie Rose rode her first horse, Bearclaw. She also started waving her tiny little fingers when people would walk in and out the door and she can now pull herself up to a sitting position when she is lying down. A lot happened in one week. I think so much happened that on our last day, Sallie Rose just cried anytime someone would look at her. She needed some alone time.

We made it home safely and when we got home Kevin had bought us flowers and nice cards. AND THEN, when I got in bed, I pulled back the covers and there were a ton of Reese's cup under my sheets. That definitely makes me happy to be home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the best husband ever!!! Candy solves everything. I miss you guys already. I'm moving to Georgia!
Tara

Rebecca said...

That's fun! Glad you are back home.