Monday, July 27, 2009

Poor Me!

Just when I start feeling sorry for myself, because I have too much going on, I don't see my husband enough, we are working so much but still don't have any money and I live so far away from my family, this is what I think:

I have a husband who is so great and works hard to support his family

I have a healthy baby and all my family is healthy

I have a great family that when I do see them, I cherish it so much and we have so much fun

I have a great house, hell I have a house

We have food in our refrigerator and clothes in our closets

Hell we have closets, seems like a small thing to be grateful for, but that means we have shelter over our heads

Kevin and I both have a job, ok 2 each, but we have jobs!!!

We might not have money to do extracurricular activities, but we can buy our baby food and diapers and splurge on ice cream every once in a while :)

I don't have a lot of friends here in Savannah, but the ones I do have are pretty spectacular

I have the freedom to go to Church on Sunday and the freedom to not go to Church on Sunday when I just want to relax.

This list could go on for miles, but you get my point. I have been feeling sorry for myself a lot lately and I suppose it is just because I am a little tired from helping with the properties, but I still have such a great life. This will all slow down soon and I just have to keep going through my list to remind myself that I got it going on! Thank you Lord for all you have given me.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Amen, girl! Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that someone probably has it worse than we do. Thanks for the reality check. I think we all need to do that.

Anonymous said...

Wow you are on the same level as me right now! I had a pitty party yesterday and today. Tara

Anonymous said...

Cassie,hang in there! The road maybe a little bumpy right now but there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel. Patty

Anonymous said...

you young guys do not know what hard times are...

Cassie Butt Beckwith said...

I know, that is another point that should be on my list. We have it better than any of our parents or grandparents ever did. So, in other words quit feeling sorry for ourselves.

Kam De Leon said...

Just because our live seem easier than our parents or grandparents does not negate the fact that sometimes life is hard. There are not enough hours in the day nor enough money in the bank and while our our needs may be taken care of there are times that we truly feel like we are just hanging by a thread and then we look around and the house is a mess and a diaper needs changing.
I feel you!