Sunday, July 19, 2009

Jekyl Island

Saturday we were invited by one of my BFFs, Natalie, to Jekyl Island with her family. Her Mom and Dad rented a house on the beach for all their family. She has 3 older sisters, which two of them are twins. The twins both have 2 boys each, one has twin boys. They range in age from 6 to 10. They are sweet, well behaved boys, but still boys. They use the bathroom with the door open, they talk about "nuts", they yell, run everywhere, and love sports. They were all a lot of fun to watch.

Sallie of course loved watching them. She played a little with them too. They referred to her as "Super Baby". I would hold her up and sneak up behind them and she would "scare" them. They found it quite amusing, as did Sallie and I. We didn't get to stay very long, because of Kevin and my second jobs, the properties. Kevin had to show an apartment today and of course we both have to work tomorrow. Being away for one night was enough to lift all of our spirits. I am so grateful for Natalie as my friend and I really enjoy being around her family. They always make us feel like we are at home.


I don't know what it is, but in the picture above, I think Sallie Rose looks so much like my sister, Tara. Beautiful, of course.

Kevin was so excited to give her a watermelon. He thought she would just dive face first into it. She did a little, but by this time she was already a little tired.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss that little girl. Love Mayme

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet to say she looks like me in that picture. If only I was that cute and look that good in a bathing suit. Love Tara