Tuesday, June 2, 2009

OH Work

Well, I will start off by saying, I am grateful to have a job. After I had Sallie Roro, I knew that she was the new love of my life, but that I didn't need to be a stay at home Mom right now. I needed to have "adult" conversation; however, if you ask my coworkers they would probably say that my convos are not even close to adult. They are more immature than they have ever been.

I am Mommy and wife at home and I like to get things done and I am very serious now about how my household is run. I need organization and cleanliness to stay sane at home. I need rules and my peeps better follow them or they will get a spankin or a stern talking to. There has always been a very silly side to me. I like to sing badly to songs I love, I tell inappropriate jokes (some are clean but still inappropriate), I dance uncontrollably, I tell all my business (most of which people don't care), basically I am silly. I entertain myself on the regular and I like to think I entertain some other people too.

So, in order to fulfill my silly side it mostly happens at work. I now work with 3 guys: one is the boss, one is that dude and the other is that other dude. They are fun, each in their own way. That dude is dry and doesn't have diarrhea of the mouth like me, but when he says something it is usually pretty funny. That other dude is silly like me and has diarrhea of the mouth most of the time too. He likes to dance too, which is HILARIOUS. The boss has a great sense of humor as well, when he comes out of his office that is. It is so fun to examine the office and see how we all respond to one another and how our personalities seem to create an environment that is most of the time light hearted and entertaining.

Listen, my point is this: most days it is fun to be at work. I am sorry to my coworkers for the days when I am especially silly and seem to never shut up. I am sorry for the days that I explain issues that have happened after childbirth (one of my businesses I should keep private), I am sorry you have to listen to me sing, even though sometimes you say "did an angel just sing", which I know you are being sarcastic, but I still appreciate it. I am sorry for acting a little CRAZY, but I do bring snacks a lot. I am good at sharing. My momma didn't raise no fool.
So, here is a shout out to all you mommas who are the sane ones at home that get things done. It is ok for us to act a little crazy sometimes, dance out of the blue, and sing even if it sounds like running your fingernails down the chalkboard. WE deserve some crazy, adult time. We deserve to drive some people nuts, they all drive us nuts. Mom, now I know why we call you crazy, cause your a Mom and damn it you deserve to be crazy!!! You earned it!!




2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the shout-out! And I love the pics, btw!

sara said...

Are you a cougar now?? Funny stuff!!! I love the "grrrr" thing goin on cass!