Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fun Filled Weekend

We had a very fun filled weekend in Dallas and we were all 3 exhausted by the time we got on the plane on Sunday. Sallie Rose had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed every minute of it. By Saturday night for her birthday party, she was definitely beginning to wear down. It was so great to be with almost all my family and some long time best friends of mine. We had a wonderful time and thanks to all my family for everything you did for Sallie Rose to make her birthday weekend special.


Her new Super Sallie cape that my Mom made her.



Grumps, formerly known as my Dad, and two of my best friends from Middle School and High School. Aren't they gorgeous?


Sallie Rose blowing out her birthday candles.



Cousin Avery, Sallie Rose, and cousin Vin


Here are Kam and Tara riding some crazy bungee ball. Never ever would I get on that.


Eating friend bubble gum, which was really a marshmallow that tasted like bubble gum. I thought it was pretty good.



Sallie's first rodeo. She was riding in the wind, look at that hair whipping. I laughed so hard that I cried. She was so cute. Her cousin, Vin, won the rodeo.








Two little circus bears. These two really love being with each other.


We were glad to be home and everyone is a little grouchy tonight, so I think we are still trying to recover from having so much fun.


We also had a parent/teacher conference this morning and her teacher had nothing but wonderful things to say about her. She passed all the "tests" with flying colors and was only 1 of 2 students in the class who could count to 30 and knew all her shapes, colors, ABC's, and recognized her name. She did not however know how to use scissors very well. So, this week we work on scissor use. Most of all, the teacher said she looked forward to seeing Sallie Rose everyday and that she was getting along well with the other children.

1 comment:

Our Wandering Life said...

Looks like a great time, I'm sad we missed it! Hopefully we'll get to spend some time together this Christmas.