Tuesday, November 10, 2009

thankful for...

My bestie, Natalie, went to a conference this weekend and two of the speakers were a couple who came up with a twitter application. It is thankful for.com. Check it out: www.thankfulfor.com.

Anyways, these types of people make me so happy. They are people who are brilliant, educated, and able to make millions. This particular couple decided to jump into the twitter application market and come up with an app that does something good for people, while making millions. They could have come up with an app that makes fart sounds (there already is one, I've been told), or one that makes snoring sounds, or so on or so forth. Instead this couple decided to make one that makes people smile and really think about what they have that is good in their life. Sure the ifart might make you smile and might make you think about how grateful you are for not having the real farts, but thanfulfor is a little deeper than that.

I feel like I am usually an optimistic, bubbly person, but lately I have been concentrating on more of the negatives in my life than the positives. So, in tune with thankfulfor and Thanksgiving coming up, here is my list of things/people I am thankful for. It might get long, but that is better than short!

Sallie Rose and her smiling face
Kevin and his romantic, generous heart
My Mom
My Dad
Patty
Jim
My sisters (including real, halfs, and steps). I have 4 sisters total
My brother (shout out Mat, he's my only brother)
My nieces and nephew
Dysfunctional families: if it weren't for the dysfunction of families, I wouldn't have most of my family members

baby giggles
Susan, my friend and the greatest caregiver to my baby
a job, and a pretty decent job: I won an award for a house I designed (Woot Woot)
a home and a family to put in it. What is a home without a family?
Red hair, that I got from my Grandma Rosa Lee Butt
HEALTH
In-laws of all kinds
New friends, old friends, and reconnected friends
Flowers, I love flowers
sunshine
rain
my toosh, I have grown very fond of it, I didn't have one for a long time
chocolate
blogs, love to read them all!

Ok, so that is enough for now. Making this list makes me happy and you should make one too!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so precious! I am thankful for you and the wonderful person you are! Did you get put into an article for your award?
Love
Tara