Tuesday, November 17, 2009

First Real Cold

Sallie Rose has her first real cold. We have been very lucky and up until this point she has not had any type of sickness, except a runny nose this time last year.

She has not bee sleeping well at all for the last week and we thought it was probably teething. So, we sort of went with it and hoped she would sleep again soon. Thursday Susan called and told me that Sallie woke up from her nap with a fever. I went home early and found a really sad, red-faced baby waiting for me. She had a fever all night and slept horribly that night. We put her in bed with us, laid in her room with her, sat in the rocker with her, but nothing worked. She just didn't feel good. Friday, she was better. No other symptoms. We wrote it off as a 24 hour bug or teething, again.

Sunday night she started having a runny nose and it just went downhill from there. She woke up Monday with that nasty cough and really stinky breathe. Oh my soul, it was stinky. I felt so bad for her. We went to the doctor and the doctor said, "no more monkeys jumping on the bed". Not really, sorry my mind wondered. Anyways, the doc said it was a virus and gave us a prescription. She slept a little better last night, but still not great. I finally decided at midnight that Vic's Vapor Rub might help, but I didn't want to put in on her, so I put it on a washcloth and hung it on the crib next to her face. I think it helped.

So, needless to say, we are all real tired and waiting for this to pass. I turn 29 tomorrow and feel 60 today. Maybe for my birthday, Roro will sleep through the night tonight. I can dream, right? I am just glad that she is making her way to feeling better again. I miss her giggle.

No comments: