Saturday, September 1, 2012

Reality show

There are days that I really feel like I could have a reality show. We come across so many interesting people on the rentals. We have great people, we have terrible people, we have funny people and then there are the others. It truly is amazing to see how different people are and how nasty some people can be. Nasty in a cleanliness way and nasty in a behavioral way.

Last week, I came outside of one apartment and saw an older lady sitting on one of our porches. She was sitting in a chair, no big deal. I said hello to her and then realized that her pants were at her ankles while she was sitting. I immediately called 911 as I was kindly asking her what she needed and why she was there.

She said she was looking for Lou and Stacy. She assured me they lived upstairs, obviously I know all my tenants names and that was not who lived here. That's beside the point, her pants were at her ankles, that was the main thing that alarmed me. I told 911 there was an indecent lady on my front porch, blah blah blah. She finally walked off while I was waiting for the police and as she pulled up her pants walking away, I went hesitantly to see if she had pooed or peed. Thank goodness it was just pee, but still very gross. I slowly moved the chair off the porch and dumped her toilet in the yard. Then I thought, she was sitting to pee and she had to have gotten it all over herself, so gross. Obviously she was mentally challenged or very high. This is one of many incidents that I am tired of dealing with at our rentals.

Then, today Kevin went into one of our apartments at last minute to check on something. The tenants weren't home so he let himself in and in one of the bedrooms he found huge mushroom caps drying on tin foil. He of course expected it was the hallucinogenic type, so he calmly called the tenants to let them know they were being kicked out, after one night of living there. Come to find out, the guy swears it is a hobby and they are not for drug use. Sure, we will accept that for now. I'll keep my eye on him.

It is amazing what people think they can hide behind closed doors. I am tired of opening those doors and wondering what I might stumble upon. Reason number 3039977293 that I would like to sell our rentals.

No comments: