Saturday, September 29, 2012

Lulie's Baptism

Lulie will be baptized tomorrow at Church. I really love this part of being a Christian. It makes me so sentimental and grateful that we have the freedom to go to Church every Sunday and raise our children to know God and not have to worry about being condemned by it. Of course, there have been plenty of people in my life, mostly here in Savannah, that have condemned me or made fun of the fact that I go to Church regularly or attend a Bible study.
 
No, I am of course not perfect and still have a long way to go to really know and understand God. I do have a strong faith and I do pray about almost every little thing. I pray whether I should spank my children or rather I should take a certain job. I am a very strong believer in prayer and I know that what we pray for isn't always handed to us. We have to work for it and we have to know that no matter what the outcome is, it is God's plan.
 
I pray all the time that my girls will become good Christian girls and all around good people. I want them to treat others' with respect and give to those who are less fortunate than they are. And I do want them to learn how to pray and have faith in God. I want them to also know that they are never alone and that no matter how sad or lost they feel, tomorrow will be better and they have God to carry them through.
 
So, tomorrow we will stand at the front of our Church in front of about 400 people and introduce our child into our family of Christians. She will be baptized and hopefully it will be the beginning of her love and service to God, her community, and the World.
 
On a side note, it will be interesting to see how she reacts. This child squeals and shrieks with glee all day long and smiles whenever anyone talks to her. So, hopefully she will let out a big happy squeal.

 

No comments: