Monday, September 17, 2012

Lulie is 4 months old

This baby is growing too fast already. I see now why some people just continue to have more kids, holding a baby is such a short and blurry phase that you start to miss it once they hit about 3 months. I, however, will deal with missing it and not plan on having anymore babies!
 
This little girl is 4 months old now and she has really made her place in our family. She is happy, easy, and so cute! She wakes up smiling in the morning and doesn't get cranky unless she is hungry or sleepy. Then, when she does get cranky, she doesn't really cry, she just kind of yells out a couple of time and you now what she needs.
 
She loves to talk too. She will squeal and gurgle and yelp. She makes us laugh all the time. Sallie Rose will be in her playroom and Lulie will be with me in the living room and she will yelp out with glee and Sallie Rose will laugh at her from her playroom and say, "Lulie you are so funny". She really loves Lulie and Lulie already loves her. Sometimes, Sallie Rose will get a little too close or be a little too loud and startle Lulie, but otherwise when Lulie hears her sister's voice she starts smiling immediately.
 
I can't get over how much joy she seems to have already. She will be drinking her bottle and you will look down at her and she will stop drinking and give you this have smile and it just melts my heart. She is so unique already and I am pretty sure her and Sallie Rose will be a lot different. I think it will make them closer and hopefully we can instill in both of them that although they are different, they are both special and great girls. I want them to love one another for their differences, not in spite of them. I want to try and never compare them and never say things like, "well your sister picked up her toys" or "your sister isn't crying, why are you being a baby?". I really dread other people doing this as well. I have so many siblings and some of us fight all the time and don't accept each other for all our flaws and difference and I want to try and avoid that with my girls, if I can help it. I think if we start at home with accepting people for they are and loving them and seeing the best in them, then that will carry out into the World for them and they will treat everyone like that. Plus, it helps me really watch how I view people as well. Having children really opens my eyes to improve myself while I am trying to make them good people and children of God.
 
Lulie is sleeping a little better during the day and at night. She goes to bed at 9pm and wakes up usually at 5:30am and we can usually get her to go back to sleep until about 6:30 or 7. She is going to "school" twice a week in the mornings and has already been labeled as the one with the personality. She is 13lbs and 5 oz and she is 25-1/2 inches long. She checks out perfectly and is tall and thin according to their charts.
 
Although, I can't stand the idea of her not being my baby, I am so excited to see what she will be like as she grows and gets even more of a personality. We love you Lulie and are so grateful you made our family a family of 4.
 
Here she is in the morning:
 
 
Here she is on her 4 month birthday:

 
 


Here she is on her first day of school. I promise her hair did not look slicked back like that by the time we got to school. I just had to wet it so I could get it calmed down a bit.
 
This picture really captures how she is. Laid back, chillin with a grin.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Kam De Leon said...

Can't wait to see her!
We too are lamenting how fast it goes. We even considered having a third, but really???? Two is enough, in fact two is perfect for us if they would both stop growing up so fast!