Sunday, October 3, 2010

Finally I am posting




I meant to post last week when we got back so I could tell all about our travels and Sallie Rose's travels to Texas, but I have been sick for 6 days! So, I am probably going to skip that all together and say we had fun and Sallie Rose had lots of fun and lots of ice cream and spaghetti, apparently. We did have a little trouble adjusting back to our life with her, because I am sure that she got everything that she wanted for a full week, or it is just because she was mad at us for leaving her and she is getting us back. Or maybe it is because she will be 2 in 2 weeks. Who knows? Not me.
This weekend we had a good time though. We went and played in the park yesterday, then came home and had a picnic with Daddy, and then later went and got ice cream. Today we went to Church, came home and napped and then went to a fundraiser for the Children's Hospital. They had train rides, bouncy houses, pumpkins patches, and arts and crafts. Of course all Sallie Rose wanted to do was play in the rocks. Go figure. She did want to ride the train, but was very frightened once we got on and didn't move a muscle the whole time. I am beginning to worry that this girl is going to be so afraid of everything. She did have an episode at Mayme and Grumps' house when she wouldn't even get out of the car to go see the pony. Grumps said all she did was cry and yell "shut the door". I guess I should count that as a blessing. Maybe she won't be jumping out of airplanes and doing crazy things to make her Mommy worry to death.

All in all we had a good time. She actually sat in a chair and let a lady paint her face. I was so excited, she never lets anyone touch her. Hmmm....I am beginning to see a pattern here. We made it home after a few meltdowns and now Kevin is in her bedroom trying to get her to go to bed and all I hear is her screaming "Get out", which means she wants out of her crib. Oh Sallie Rose, your Mom loves you no matter how naughty you are, because tomorrow you will wake up and tell me Good morning when I walk in your room. Start of another adventurous day.








No comments: