Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sallie on the farm

We really wanted to get some time out of town and we knew it had to be something simple and cheap. So, we decided to go to the "farm" in Gray. This "farm" is where Kevin grew up and the house that his family built way back in the 60s is still there. It is really nice there, very quiet, lots of trees, lots of birds and bugs. Technically it isn't a farm, not like the farm I grew up on, but it is in the country and it is definitely like livin the simple life. We had a great time.



Sallie Rose really enjoyed it. She could sit in front of the big windows and look out and see all of the trees. Kevin and I really, really enjoyed. We relaxed, didn't worry about the state of the economy or our finances, cooked out, didn't bathe often, and visited with our friends Jacade, Rebecca, Millie and cousin Danny. We will probably try and get out there more often. I need a pool if I am going to spend a lot of time there.



Barefoot outside



This is her fake smile. She loves to make her Momma happy


"Mom did you see the size of that bug I just ate?"




4 comments:

Kam De Leon said...

I just love a baby in striped pants!
Looks like you had a good time getting back to nature. You're so lucky to have a place to retreat to when needed.
Happy Memorial Day!

Rebecca said...

That's fantastic! I love her different looks. And we had fun too! It was a quick break, but it was good.

Anonymous said...

She is looking more like Kevin. I am starting to see more of the two of you in her. I can't wait to see you guys in a month!
Tara

The Jinkins Family said...

Oooh, she's wearing the onesie! Yay! Super cute pictures.