Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baptism/Easter and 6 months old





My Baby Girl is now officially a member of the Christian faith. She was held by her little toes and dunked head first into the baptismal font. She didn't even cry. Ok, as Methodist we don't dunk by the toes. She was held by the preacher and he placed his hand with the Holy water on her full head of hair and baptized her. I was really nervous that she would cry, but she just looked around curiously and acted like the sweet little girl that she is. There wasn't an empty seat in the whole church and the Easter flowers filled the sanctuary with color and fragrance. It couldn't have been a more beautiful setting to have Sallie Rose baptized.

We really enjoyed our weekend. Sallie's Mayme, Grumps, Aunt Tara, Faux Aunt Shayla, and the Long Family came into town. I threw a bowling party for Kevin on Friday night, we toured around River Street on Saturday, had Easter service and lunch at the Westin on Sunday and cried on Monday when my family left. There was a lot going on and Sallie Roro seemed to handle it all very well. I was tired, but got a little extra sleep because Aunt Tara slept in Sallie's room and was in charge of getting up in the middle of the night to stick the pacifier back in Sallie's mouth. I enjoyed that. I think Tara might have enjoyed it too, especially since she stayed up until 2 am every night!!!

Sallie Rose is now officially six months old. She can now wear sunscreen, sleep with stuffed animals all over crib (we won't do that even though we can), eat more solid foods, get more shots, and drive (her tot rider) to the backyard. A lot changes when you turn 6 months old. She is growing up so fast. Before I know it, she will be chomping on meat with her two front teeth. She really is a happy girl. She smiles a lot, squeals like a girl, and laughs at her Daddy. It makes you feel so good when you walk in the room and she smiles like she hasn't seen you in years. She sure has the ability to change my mood and Kevin's too. The economy might be bad, the stock market might crash, we might be living in a tent under the bridge, or wearing torn clothes, but no matter what happens, when we both see that baby smile at us, we forget it all. The Lord knows what he is doing when he gives someone the gift of a child.
The crazy thing is that we have so much more the look forward to and we will love her more and more each day. How is that possible? My cup runeth over already. I guess I need to get a much larger cup.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Tara didn't not party all night Sallie! I really enjoyed waking up in the morning to her smiling face. I cried too when I left you guys! I give you mothers and fathers credit for waking up all night though! Love Tara

Rebecca said...

Babies have that effect on people. And Miss Sallie Rose is no exception. We had a great time, as usual.