Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Staycation

Today is Kevin and my 3rd wedding anniversary. I can't believe it has been 3 years since we had our amazing wedding in the Caymans. I think for our 5 year anniversary we will invite all our friends and family back down to Grand Cayman and do it all over again. I think everyone might show up again.

So for our anniversary we decided we needed a weekend vacation; however, Kevin was a little weary about leaving town with his wife 8.5 months pregnant. I am not sure he knows that they have hospitals in other towns, but I appreciate his concern and care. So, we decided to stay here in Savannah at the Mansion on Forsyth Park. It is a beautiful hotel with a really nice restaurant, rooftop bar and spa. We had massages on Saturday afternoon, had a great dinner that night, and then drank coffee on the rooftop and enjoyed the nice weather. Sunday we layed by the pool and then went out to the beach for the fir
st time all summer. It was really nice and relaxing. Sunday night we ate at a nice restaurant downtown and I had my first glass of Riesling since I got pregnant. Oh my my my! It was so good, I could have drank the whole damn bottle, but I stopped at a half a glass.

Monday we slept in (well I slept in and Kevin went to the house to let Casey out), checked out of the hotel, drove around downtown for 10 minutes, and w
ent home and took naps. It might not have been our most exciting vacation ever, but we enjoyed being away from the house and not worrying about what we needed to do for our chores.

Oh, and I wore a bikini for the first ti
me. Very hard decision, but I felt so free and liberated. There were only a few people at the pool and they were predominately older guys. In fact, one of the guys had on a swimsuit that was yellow, tight, and see thru. This was no small guy either. It was pretty funny, and made me feel less likely to be judged. One of his friends was wearing a speedo too, so it was a great day to let my baby belly hang out and get a little sun.

It was a good time and I can't believe I have been gi
ven such a wonderful husband and now the gift of a child to share with him. This was definitely a very special anniversary for us both. We are so blessed and grateful.


2 comments:

Kam De Leon said...

Good for you!!
On our staycation I went into labor. I just found the hotel receipt a few weeks ago in the back of my car and the checkout time was 5:00 a.m.!!
I'm glad that you got to enjoy your weekend in full.
Oh and that sleeping thing... enjoy that too while it lasts!

Rebecca said...

You looked great! Glad that you had a little R&R before that baby comes! And sometimes it's nice to be close to home, even if you don't stay at home. B/c then you don't have a long way to go home.