Saturday, April 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Big Sis

Today on April 12th in 1979 my big sissie, Tara, was born. I wish my Mom could fill us in on the story of her birth, but maybe next time. My Mom is really good about that. Every birthday she calls me and tells me the story of my birth and I am sure she tells Tara and my other 2 sisters their story too. I don't know very many other people who know the story of their birth, so I definitely feel special.

Back to the birthday girl. She is tall with a dark complexion, beautiful smile, and a heart full of generosity and love. She is the one sister who I had most of my knock down, drag out fights with when we were younger, but she is also the sister who I have shared a lot of pain and tough times with, that has brought us very close. Not that the four of us sisters haven't shared a lot of pain and tough times all together, but Tara and I were the youngest and therefore spent more alone time with one another. I am not sure what I would have done without my 3 sisiters. God knew what he was doing when he gave Mom 4 girls. We needed eachother and we always will. A bond between sisters is so different than any friendship or relationship. Sure we might fight more than friends would, but I know we will always make up eventually.

We are all very similar and at the same time very different. Tara is very loving. She really knows how to care for those that might not be that great at caring for themselves. She works in a nursing home and I am sure she is very popular around there. She is also generous with her time, her love, and her support. She is one of those people that you can always count on to help you when you need it. She might not always get it back in return, but she'll never stop doing it. She might say she will, but she won't. She is also very fun and can get a little crazy. When the 4 of us are all together that is when it gets really crazy. I guess we just feel comfortable around eachother and we let it all hang out. Tara loves to have dance offs with the rest of us. She usually pulls out her dance moves that she has been keeping dormant until the right moment. It is quite a show!

So Happy Birthday Tara! I hope it is a great birthday and I am sorry I am not there to share it with you.

1 comment:

Tara Butt said...

Oh my goodness, you are so sweet. You have made me cry at work! Here lately it doesn't take much. I have become even more sensetive in my old age. Mom gets her stories backwards these days so she told me the wrong story last year and maybe that is why I didn't get it this year. We are so so blessed to have each other!! I am so thankful for all of my siblings! I am who I am today because of all of the people in my life! There was a long period of my life that I was so angry at everyone and everything. I still have a wild temper but that is because I am a Aries (or that is my excuse). Cassie I LOVE YOU SO MUCH and I appreciate all of the kind words. I know you always say what a cute baby you were but dang I am CUTE!!!