Monday, April 14, 2008

Another Big Birthday

Well, today, April 14th, is another big birthday for someone who I love very much. He is an amazing person with a heart full of passion, ambition, and lots of generosity. It is my lobster, Kevin Beckwith's birthday. The reason he is my lobster is because lobsters mate for life. Cheesey, yes, but that's how we are. We cheese it up in our household. I have always been a little cheesey and now I have someone to share my cheesiness with.

Kevin doesn't really like to go all out for his birthday, but now that he is married to me, I make sure that he remembers it is his birthday. This is a special day for me. If it weren't for the day of his birth, I would be all alone with no one to share my life with. At this point, I would be pregnant with no baby's daddy. That would be rough. However, today is the day of his birth and it is a celebration not only for me, but for him, our future children, and anyone else who knows and loves him. Kevin is one of those people that when he gets an idea in his head, he goes full throttle until that idea has become a reality. And you are one lucky person when that idea is to love and give to you as much as possible, because he never fails to do everything to the best of his ability. For the last 2-1/2 years he has been a wonderful husband and best friend. We have a lot of laughs, a few cries, and a lot of memorable moments. Our most memorable moments have yet to come and I am excited and grateful that I get to share them with him. Everything is more exciting when you feel like you can share it with someone who feels as passionate about the same things.

Kevin can be serious at times, but at home with me, he is fun and silly just like me. We really make each other laugh and that is one thing that I cherish most about him. I am not a real serious person and I could not stand being married to someone who doesn't fine humor in most things. I can't imagine what life is like for those who never laugh.

So, here's to you, Kevin
Beckwith, on your birthday. You are a wonderful man with a lot to give to me, our tiny little baby, and the World. Your passion and ambition is contagious and you have inspired and taught many people, including me. Happy Birthday!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KEVIN! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Hope you had a fantastic day. Hope to come down there soon to visit and let y'all get some practice with a baby!!

Love y'all,
Rebecca