Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Decorating

This year I wanted to do a little more than usual for Christmas decorating. We will actually be here for Christmas Day and then we are flying off to Texas. I usually don't do much for decorating, because we usually leave a week or even two before Christmas and stay gone after Christmas is over. So, I decided to do a candy land. I think I will add to the decorations every year and build up the collection. Many of these things are not hard, but are tedious and time consuming, especially the gumdrop tree. And, it took a lot more candy than I would have imagined. Sallie Rose's gingerbread people she made with Susan

My Grandma Rosa Lee's angels

Of course we have a Texas ornament


Kevin's ornament from when he was a child, these are very cool


Apple O's and peppermint trees

Peppermint garland over the mirror






This is our outdoor tree, furnished with giant peppermints, candy canes and large ornaments







Ribbon Candy, my favorite




Our first nativity scene, this is of course the real meaning of Christmas



Oh the gumdrop tree. 4 boxes (1 of which Kevin ate) later and lots of hot glue, this is Kevin's favorite.
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone has a wonderful time and that we all remember as cheesy as it sounds, "Jesus is the Reason for the Season". My sisters love it when I remind them of this as we all are pulling eachother's hair out because we for one slight minute forgot what life is about, love.

1 comment:

Our Wandering Life said...

I love everything! There is a ton of work involved in decorating for the holidays and I'm with you, collect a little bit each year. By the time I'm 60 I'll have a winter wonderland!