Tuesday, November 16, 2010

30th Birthday 10 day Extravaganza

Wow, what a wonderful 10 days. I first flew into Dallas and met up with a group of 6 other girls from high school. I hadn't seen 4 of them in 10 years. I knew what most of them were doing, because I stay up to date with them through Makell. I was so excited to see them and we had such a great time. They are all beautiful, accomplished, fun, and generous girls. It was one of the best times I have had with a bunch of girls in a long time. I really miss those days. We had a group of about 12 girls that we all hung with in high school and we were all so close and had so much fun together. Usually if 3 or 4 of the girls went somewhere, we were all soon to be following behind. We were such an amazing group and come to find out, we are all still pretty great even when we are not in a pack of 12. What a good time. We shopped, toured Cowboys stadium, went to a Mavs game, drank, stayed up too late, and caught up on all the good stuff since 2000. It did take me 2 days to recover from all the late nights and drinking, because I am not used to drinking that much. It was really nice.
Next on my agenda was the cruise with Suzanne and Tara. We left out of Galveston and I have to admit, I was a little nervous about how the cruise was going to be. I had never been on one and didn't know if I would get seasick or an anxiety attack. I think all 3 of us woke up the first morning tired and ready to get out to the top deck to see the World. Our room did not have a window and it was on the lowest level. A little bit of an nerve pusher. After that first day, I was fine. I just laid on the sun deck and enjoyed the beautiful weather. The highlight was Cozumel. We stopped there and did a snorkel excursion. It was so nice and the crew on the boat was a little interesting. I attracted a friend named Fernando and he did some dirty dancing for us and made me a special towel hat that everyone thought was so funny. One guy even came over and took my picture. I am sure I am on a loser blog or on his Facebook page and all his friends are laughing their heads off at my expense.
We had a great time and it was so nice to be with my sisters and just relax and be care free. Oh and drink pina colodas in the sun while tanning. I have the best sisters and am so grateful they took me on this trip for my birthday.

This is the towel "sting ray" that they made for us each day. One day it was a dog and they hung it from the ceiling. Our stateroom attendant did not like us because we wouldn't put our bags under the beds. We took that as a sign that he was threatening us.


"Smoking Kills" is the best seller. Nice.

Cozumel


Fernando and my Princess Leia towel hat

Fernando dancing and blowing us kisses


Snorkel time


Our boat driver steered with his foot the whole time.




Her shirt said "Went on Vacation left on probation"


Thank you sisters! You are the best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to do something for your big 30!! I had fun! I found out from a cruiser that was a monkey not a dog. Now I know why it was hanging! Tara

Suzanne Bellsnyder said...

I love you and wow what a blast hanging out with you guys! Can't wait until my big 30th birthday celebration! =) Suzanne