Thursday, June 10, 2010

Weekly highlights

Wow this week was a doozy and had some really good parts to it. I am surprised I can remember any of them, because I have basically been working around the clock to get my final project out for bid. That happened this week and it is going to be a super sweet office renovation. I will hopefully get some pictures in September after construction is over. It was kind of a dream client: no budget and no idea of what they wanted and they trusted me to do a good job. I hope I don't disappoint them. How could you disappoint someone when they will have marble floors, wood ceilings, onyx counter tops, amazingly expensive light fixtures and the best office furniture on the market? We'll see. I am really excited about the project and so fortunate to have this as my final project before I venture out on my own.

Anyhoo, so these are the highlights of our week:
1. Spending Sunday with my family at the pool, after a 3 hour nap of course

2. Giving up the binky for good. In the trash and never coming back. Wasn't that bad

3. Sallie Rose repeating everything we say: "oh gosh" "oh my goodness" "oh Sallie Rose (when she has done something naughty)" and my favorite "oh shit". Her Dad said that one on Wednesday morning and she promptly repeated 4 or 5 times. I laughed so hard.

4. Finishing construction documents for my project on time and not yelling at anyone for them being idiots (like my boss) or procrastinators (like my boss).

5. Picking Sallie Rose up from Summer Camp and finding her in the playhouse french kissing some ugly kid named "Joe Joe". Not once, but twice. It was hysterical, awkward, and embarrassing all at the same time.

6. Opening boxes that Dad and Patty sent me from our now former house. They made me cry, laugh, and smile just like Patty said they would. There was some really funny stuff in there, besides my collection of Michael Jordan stuff. I will hopefully post some of those tomorrow.

7. Finally having time again to blog, relax, and wonder what I should be doing.

I am feeling very fortunate and positive lately and it feels good. I am so blessed and my baby girl is so funny and so cute that I can't help but thank God for everything he has given me.

1 comment:

Kam De Leon said...

Sounds like a busy and happy household to me!

I'll be looking foward to seeing your post about your childhood stuff. I took some pictures of mine and hope to post a flashback friday soon.