Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bragging Rights

I think that sometimes I get so consumed with what our new challenge is with Sallie Rose that I forget to brag about how great she is. Or maybe it is because I get annoyed with Moms who all they talk about is what their child is doing every second of every day. I love my boo boo, Rosie, but I don't think that everyone else in the World cares to hear how she made me drink out of her sippy cup this morning.

However, this is my blog and I will make this post about bragging on my baby girl. Yes, she throws a fit every time I make her come in from "side", which is outside. Yes, she puts up a fight every time I need to put her down to cook for her, but she also does so many things that are truly sweet and truly funny. My child has not been affectionate. I don't know if it is something I did, like cry it out, or if she is just that way. I have accepted that she does not want to kiss me or give me hugs, but that she will kiss any boy in any book or catalog. The sweetest thing that I have seen her do this far is hold her hand out before meals and say hand. Which means she wants Kevin and I to grab her hand, say the blessing and then she prematurely says "Amen" and claps her hands. It is funny, it is adorable, it is sweet and it makes me so proud that at 16 months she is already praying, sort of.

She also has a huge vocabulary. Some of the words are understandable by everyone and some of the words are only words that Mommy, Daddy and Su Su can understand. When she wants milk she says "milk" and if she doesn't want milk she says "no". If she wants a bunny cracker, she will say more and then you will ask her what she wants more of and she says "bummy" or "cwacker". Basically anything you say to her she can repeat. Her latest is "yeah", not yes, but "yeah". I don't think she can say the s part, so it is just "yeah", clear as a bell. Everyday I feel like a new word comes out of her mouth and it just surprises me. She is growing up way to fast and before I know it she will be reading to me. Oh that is another thing. She has flashcards that Susan does with her and she can actually read a few words off of them. Amazing, scary, but amazing. I am afraid she is going to know I can't read by the time she is 2. ( I can read, I am actually a good reader, but I don't like to, it bores me) One day I hope I can get it on video, but she loves the camera too much to concentrate.

So, in a nutshell, she is a genius, super cute, and very generous with her sippy cup. I think she is going to be athletic too, because Susan said that she has never seen a 16 month old kick a ball like Sallie Rose does. So, how is that for bragging?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just keep bragging all you want.

Anonymous said...

Vin is saying "yeah" too. That's funny.

Teri

Rebecca said...

It's your child...you can brag all you want. We all want to hear what Sallie Rose is doing.

The Jinkins Family said...

Go on and brag, girl! Love the kissing of catalogue boys and wanting to pray, but keeping it short!

OME said...

I discovered your Blogs. What a beautiful webpage! The pics of Sallie Rose capture her inate beauty!

The few times I have been blessed to be a small part of her life have touched my heart.

OME

OME said...

The day was hot, and so were the bargin seekers. You and Susan did a great job putting this sale together. Thanks for including me.

I appreciate Sallie Rose keeping me in her prayers.

Hope you are feeling better. OME