Sunday, November 30, 2008

First Thanksgiving and first family outing

Sallie Rose is now 6.5 weeks old. This last week she had her first Thanksgiving and she slept right through it. I bought her a new dress and all she did was sleep in it. I have a friend who has 4 adorable nephews who range in the ages of 5 to 8. We stopped over at her family's before heading to the Beckwiths, so that Sallie Rose could decide which of the boys she wanted to date later. Arranged marriages are making a comeback, at least in our household. I would hate for her to grow up and get to choose who she marries. What if she is like her Mom and marries someone 21 years older than her. I can't have that! I am joking! We had a great Thanksgiving and Sallie Rose was adorable as usual.

Saturday we went downtown to see the big Holiday Celebration. We heard there was going to be ice skating and fake snow for the kids to play in. Crazy as I am, I thought we would take Sallie Rose down there and take her picture in the fake snow. I got her all dressed up and what do you know, she slept right through it all. We still had a lot of fun and it was nice to get out of the house as a family.
Sallie Rose has been a great baby so far, but we are having some day sleeping issues. You take her somewhere in the carseat and she sleeps the whole time. When we get home and put her in her bed she immediately wakes up and cries. So, now I am having to "break" her of her day sleeping habits. I put her in her bed and she cries and I check on her every once in a while and then she finally falls asleep after about 45 minutes of crying. And then I think "great she is asleep", but that only lasts for about 20 or 30 minutes. Then she is up again. What a hard job! I think she will finally get it one day, Lord I hope!
It is hard to hear her cry and I wonder sometimes if she is going to be mad at me when she wakes up, but then there she is lying in her crib smiling and cooing. Now that she is smiling and laughing all the hard parts seem to go right away.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness she is so cute!!! I can't wait to see you guys. Love Aunt Tara

Rebecca said...

She is just too, too, too cute! I love her already!