Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baby girl's first trip to Dallas/Ft. Worth

Well me and my lil baby girl took a trip last week. We went to Dallas and Fort Worth to see a whole group of very important people. We had a lot of fun, but it was tiring. Plus, when you have a large man sitting next to you on the plane it can sometimes get very uncomfortable. Usually I wouldn't mind being pushed up against the window, but when you are hotter than usual and a little bigger than usual, it can be very unsettling. Plus, he liked to pick his nose, that made it worse. Nasty habit!

So, we went to Dallas first and saw Daddy, Patty, Tara, Kam, Terri, Jaime, Mat, and the new Vincent (my newborn nephew). At the airport I had to make sure and tell my Dad is was me, since he probably didn't recognize me, being preggers and all. Not really, but I like to pretend that I am unrecognizeable. So
, we did a lot of eating and some shopping, but mainly we drove a lot. Dallas is a big city and you spend a lot of time in your car. We had a great time and it was great to see my family. I really miss them! I didn't get to see all my family, but seeing a few of them is still really nice. It is good for Baby Girl Beckwith to hear their voices and know ahead of time who curses more and who is nicest to mommy.

For the weekend we met up with my bestest friends from High School. There are 4 of us girls who have started a trend of try
ing to meet up once a year and take a short vacay. This year we chose Ft. Worth because Kendal lives there and it was inexpensive since we didn't have to get a hotel room. It is always nice to save money. This year we had a 5th girl with us. Miss Betty Beatrice. Betty is Grace's (my cousin) 10 month old adorable daughter. It was a lot of fun having her with us. Plus, if I needed a nap I could suggest that Betty was tired and we could both get a nap. Us girls just shopped, ate, and went to a Rangers game. And of course after Betty went to sleep we stayed up late and gossiped about all the people we went to high school with. Or we told secrets about ourselves that we were too embarassed to share when we were younger. It was a lot of fun and it is great to see my girls.

BabyVincent in Aunt Tara's arm. Isn't he cute. He is so tiny.












Betty Beatrice with her pink bow. Betty was named after her Great Grandmother, Betty Jean, who is my Grandma Rosa's sister. Maybe one day there will be a little Rosie with red hair and her and Betty together can be saints just like their great-grandmas.









Grace and Makell at the Rangers game. We got beer spilt on us thanks to the guy behind us. It was nice! The game was fun and free!

Kendal and me at the Rangers game. Not so great of an angle for me.

No comments: