Thursday, September 3, 2009

Guess how much I love you

Dear Sallie Rose,
You will be turning one year old in a little over a month. Time has really flown by. I pray each day that I am giving you the love and attention that you need to bloom into a lovely young lady. You have such a great personality and you do something new everyday that makes me smile. We have been so blessed to have you in our lives and I love everything about you. These are some things I love about you:
I love when....
you scream with joy at the top of your lungs, like when you see your toys in the tub
you smile and flash those big teeth
you let me rock you before bed and you caress my arm with your hand
you smile at me when I come in to get you from your naps
you dance to the music by just moving one leg ever so slightly
you try and clap your hands to "if you are happy and you know it", but you can't quite yet
you throw your head down on the ground in an attempt to throw a fit
you play peek a boo with your blankie
you try and feed me some of your food, you sweet girl
you race to the stairs and try to climb up them
you climb up the stairs as fast as you can, and you are great stair climber
you find your stuffed animals and you bury your face in them and scream

Oh, Sallie Rosie, I could go on for days, but I won't. I know you will continue to charm us and make us smile. I know you will be sweet and you will be sour, but no matter what, we will love you and you will always be our sunshine in the rain.

Love,
Momma

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oooh, I love you too Sallie Rose. And Millie does too (more than you'll know)

Kam De Leon said...

Thanks, I needed a good cry this morning.

Grace said...

I can't believe it's almost been a year. You are a wonderful mother and she is so blessed to have such fantastic parents.

Unknown said...

You make me smile and cry at the same time.

MegW said...

I just happened over to your blog from The Savages. You wrote this so well. I have a three week old daughter who is trying to learn the art of sleep. Your note is inspiring to all the great things that lie ahead. Thanks for making my evening.
Meg (Woolley) Walton